Healthwatch Bexley worked with the South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (SEL CCG) Head of Communications and Engagement for Bexley to compile a structured survey which was used to engage with residents. The survey was designed to investigate the potential barriers for the uptake of the children’s flu vaccine in the borough. At the time this work was commissioned local uptake rates were below the recommended levels across the borough.
The key areas our research covered were:
- Awareness of the “Just the Flu” campaign.
- Awareness of the vaccine being given as a nasal spray.
- Parents being able to request an animal-free product vaccine if requested.
- Investigating if parents are acting upon an invitation to get their child vaccinated and what the barriers may be.
- Concerns around Covid-19 and the safety of healthcare environments.