The purpose of the survey was to gain a baseline understanding of people’s experiences accessing NHS dentist services within Bexley. The report seeks to highlight to what extent residents are able to access NHS dental services, their experiences when doing so and what impact cost may have on accessing treatment.
- Almost half of the respondents stated they could obtain a routine appointment at their practice within one week and half stated they could obtain an urgent appointment within two days.
- The majority of respondents reported being able to book an appointment at a time which is convenient to them.
- The majority of respondents stated that their dental practice has a reminder system using text or e-mail.
- Just over half of the respondents were aware of the NHS banding costs for treatment.
- The majority of respondents stated that the cost of treatment has not prevented them from having routine treatment done.
- Half of the respondents stated that the cost of treatment sometimes prevents them from having essential treatment done.
- The majority of respondents reported being very satisfied or satisfied with their dental practice and would recommend their practice to family and friends.
- The majority of respondents were unaware of a complaints procedur.